The Citrograph was established in 1887 as the first newspaper in Redlands. Mr. Scipio Craig, serving as owner, editor and operator, received many accolades for his work. After the passing of Mr. Craig, Mr. Robert Hornbeck took over the business as a “job shop”. In 1913, when Mr. E.L. Truesdail purchased the shop, Citrograph Printing Co. continued serving the many social and commercial printing needs of Redlands and surrounding communities.
Dick Caudle began working at Citrograph Printing Co. in 1932. When Mr. Truesdail decided to sell the business in 1946, Dick became Citrograph’s fourth owner. In 1992 Dick passed ownership of the business to his son Richard.
In 2002 Al Hernandez and Ryan Bailey became Citrograph Printing Co.’s sixth owners. They have not only continued to offer high quality printing to many businesses and organizations throughout the Redlands area, but have also increased the business product line to include promotional advertising products and web design.
Ryan and Al understand the responsibility of running the oldest business in Redlands and take it very seriously. They have on display the history of Citrograph Printing Co. through original equipment, newspapers, books, and other printed material that the business has produced since its beginning in 1887. Their newest additions include promotional items recently produced.
When shopping in Historic Downtown Redlands, make sure and stop by to see a bit of Redlands History.